It’s easy! You’ll need to provide:
- Your contact information
- The names and birth dates of each child associated with the RESP.
- Your banking information ( how much and how often you’d like to contribute)
- And SIN numbers for both yourself and the child. The fastest way to apply for a SIN is online (and we’re all about getting things done fast!), but you can also print and complete this form to apply by mail. Note that you can no longer apply for a SIN in person.
From there, we’ll call you to design your perfect savings plan, review your application form with you, help you understand how to maximize your future savings, and, of course, answer any questions.
Bright Tip: If you live in Ontario, take advantage of the 5-in-1 online newborn registration bundle, and check five important things off your list in one go:
- Register your child’s birth.
- Apply for a birth certificate for your child (for a fee).
- Get a social insurance number (SIN) for your child.
- Register for the Canada Child Benefit, which also registers you for Ontario’s child benefits.
- Choose to get more information about Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs).
It takes less than 20 minutes to fill out the online registration form to get your child’s SIN—which is far less time than it takes to pack a diaper bag and get out of the house with a newborn.